Monday, May 2, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes -- 4.5/5

  1. Food -- 5/5 I've only had Sprinkles three times during my college career -- teenage-girl heresy, I know -- but I think I've had enough to know that this place is amazing. Vanilla with vanilla frosting: a little dry, but the frosting totally makes up for it. St. Patrick's Day Special: you have got to try this when that time of year rolls around. Red Velvet: super-popular for a reason--all the chocolate flavor without feeling like you've got a brick in your stomach. Peanut butter chocolate chip: Orgasmic. Yup, I said it. (But I'm super-biased towards all things peanut butter-y.)
  2. Service -- 4/5 Super friendly, despite constant buzz and crowds! Pretty pink boxes, always more available of the flavor you want, and daily specials that you can only find out about by "liking" them on Facebook.
  3. Price -- 3/5 Three-fifty per cupcake. I will never say it's not worth it.
  4. Location and Setting -- 5/5 Stanford Shopping Center. Totally gorgeous, pretty expensive, but lots of nice gardens and benches to enjoy your cupcake. Or, just head back to school (5 minutes by car or bike) and celebrate the end of finals with your new best culinary adventures friend.
  5. Good for... girl time or kid's birthday parties. The occasions where I've had Sprinkles: outing with archaeology girlfriends, a Greek Life seminar, and (as previously mentioned) an end-of-quarter wine-and-Sprinkles celebration with my co-qualitative research expert and beautiful fantastic grant winner, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment