Monday, May 2, 2011

Lulu's Mexican -- 3/5

  1. Food -- 4/5 Okay, so I wouldn't call it the most authentic Mexican food of all time. I mean, it's in the Town and Country shopping complex. It was, however, pretty delicious -- I'm picky about my breakfast burritos, and this one didn't disappoint. Everything is fresh and put together right in front of you (a la Chipotle, but much better and less overrated), with soft-but-not-runny eggs, tenderly crisped potatoes, and salsa -- spiciness of your choosing -- in a warm tortilla. Yum. They have a pretty extensive menu, as well. Like, extremely extensive, actually.
  2. Service -- 4/5 Very kind and speedy service, didn't make fun of my Spanish (always worth bonus points), and let me hang out inside for a surprisingly long time to do some reading for my French Lit class.
  3. Price -- 2/5 Nine dollars is a lot to pay for a breakfast burrito, no matter how good. That's all I'm sayin.
  4. Location and Setting -- 4/5 Town and Country is super pleasant and convenient, if not kind of gentile, and Lulu's is conveniently situated in between a trendy shoe store and Kara's cupcakes. Who needs anything more? Not a whole lot of indoor seating -- one table, actually -- so if the weather's poor, you're out of luck. That having been said, most of the orders I observed were taken "to go." So non issue if all you want to do is eat, but don't go there planing to hunker down and study or have an intimate conversation over burritos.
  5. Good for... on the go with sufficient cash to spare. This was back in the day when I actually had an income.

No comments:

Post a Comment