Sunday, October 10, 2010

L'Amour Frozen Yogurt -- 5/5

I could try and come up with some pathetic excuse for why I'm six days late in blogging.
Scratch that. I can come up with a pathetic excuse, and I'm going to: frankly, this school year is kicking my ass. And I'm basically broke, so dining out options are limited -- don't worry, I'll figure out how to keep going somehow! Anyways, I had a meeting for my internship in town yesterday, and when I got out of it the weather was PERFECT and all I wanted to do was wander around beautiful Palo Alto for a little while. When I passed L'Amour, already a favorite of mine, and saw that they've got pumpkin spice froyo, I had to go. Had to. You know how it is.

  1. Food -- 5/5 What sets this place apart from typically adored frozen yogurt joints like Fraiche and Pinkberry is the sheer variety of (mostly non- or low-fat) flavors and toppings available. Here are some of my past favorites:
    • Mint frozen yogurt with brownie pieces and white chocolate chips
    • Peanut butter frozen yogurt with banana slices and honey (it's like those sandwiches I adored as a kid, but in chic frozen form)
    • Pumpkin spice frozen yogurt with graham cracker crumbs, sliced almonds, and vanilla yogurt chips (same idea as the pb & banana, where I'm trying to recreate solid desserts with froyo)
  2. Service -- 5/5 I mean, it's self-serve, so I guess this one is fairly self-fulfilling, depending on how happy you are with your decisions as a froyo designer.
  3. Price -- 5/5 It's not super cheap, but it is sold by weight (47 cents/oz), which means you can have as much or as little as you want/can afford to eat. I had a totally delicious, high-quality, satisfying dessert yesterday for about $2.50.
  4. Location and Setting -- 5/5 Such a fan of University Avenue! They're only three-ish blocks down the street, so it's a nice walk to get there but not inordinately far. So close to the bookstore, drug store, the Stanford Theater, etc etc. And it's always beautiful there in the Fall.
  5. Good for... Girl Talk or First Date I don't even want to count how many times I've sat at their adorable little tables out front and people-watched while girl-talking with... my best friend from high school, my mom, my sorority sisters, my... self... Either way, this place is simultaneously decadent and low-key, at prices that vary on your terms and plenty of places to sit (or, if you'd rather keep walking, total portability).
Alright. So yes, my timing is off. But it's not like anyone actually reads this blog or cares if I keep my apparently-not-at-all-strict weekly schedule. But things should get back on track soon--I got a Bling Nation chip on my phone today and now have $20 to spare for tomorrow's culinary adventures! Woohoo!

Oh and also, GO CARDINAL. 37-35. Way to kick some U$C patootie tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment